Learn to cook with confidence!
Our cooking clinics are delivered by Accredited Practising Dietitians in our very own custom-built, fully accessible kitchen. This hands-on, one-on-one clinic is tailored according to experience, ability and nutrition goals. This service offers a practical adjunct to clinical nutrition support that clients may also be receiving, contributing to a holistic nutrition care process.
Benefits of our cooking clinic:
- increasing confidence and skills in the kitchen
- inspire healthy eating through tasty and easy to make recipes
- learn how to manage dietary requirements and manage conditions such as:
- high cholesterol
- coeliac disease
- allergies and intolerances
- and many more – each session is tailored to the client
What to expect:
During each session, participants will cook two nourishing dishes from our recipe selection and take home any left over meals to enjoy at home. Throughout the session, the participant will receive individualised nutrition advice and support to help achieve their healthy eating goals. Each participant will also receive a Project Dinnertime Kitchen Companion Cookbook with recipes and simple tips to inspire more cooking at home!
Interested in learning more? Watch our virtual tour of the Food Skills Kitchen with Dietitian, Ellen.
Do you know someone who might benefit from our Cooking Clinics for NDIS Participants? Please feel free to share our brochure.
Nutrition Australia ACT Food Skills Kitchen
Chifley Health and Wellbeing Hub,
70 Maclaurin Crescent,
Chifley ACT 2606
Duration: 2 hours
*Price is based on NDIS price guide 2020-21
Nutrition Australia ACT is registered to receive funding for supports under Improved Health and Wellbeing and Improved Daily Living.
Bookings: Cooking Clinic sessions are delivered by appointment only. To make an appointment or discuss our clinics further, please fill out the form below.
Making a Complaint or Giving Feedback
If the Participant wishes to give the Provider feedback or wishes to make a complaint, the Participant, their advocate or trusted decision maker can:
- Discuss your issue / complaint with your Dietitian
- Contact the Nutrition Australia ACT:
- in person at the Chifley Health Hub, 70 Maclaurin Cres Chifley, ACT
- via phone 6162 2583
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission
- via phone 1800 035 544
- by filling in an online complaint form
All complaints are treated confidential. For further information on making a complaint, ask to see our Feedback and Complaints Management Policy or look at the NDIS Commission’s Fact Sheet on How to Make a Complaint