Burgers are a popular Aussie favourite. A healthy twist on a popular takeaway item, you will find these chicken burgers quick and tasty to make and serve. Cook on the barbeque for an authentic taste.
500g lean chicken mince
1 brown onion, chopped
1 cup fresh bread crumbs
2 teaspoons Moroccan seasoning
¼ cup flour
4 wholegrain bread rolls
¼ head of lettuce
2 tomatoes, sliced
1 red onion sliced
1 small cucumber, sliced
⅓ cup reduced fat natural yoghurt
2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- Mix together mince, brown onion, bread crumbs and Moroccan seasoning.
- Beat eggs and add to chicken.
- Using clean hands shape the mixture into 4 patties. Lightly dust in flour.
- Heat a fry pan or barbeque plate to medium-high heat and lightly spray with oil. Cook each patty for 3-4 minutes on each side, until brown and fully cooked through.
- To prepare the sauce, mix together yoghurt and sweet chilli sauce.
- Cut rolls and fill with lettuce leaves, sliced red onion, tomato and cucumber.
- Add chicken patty and top with sauce.
- Replace fresh bread crumbs with ½ cup dried.
- Turkey mince may be used as a replacement for chicken mince.